Monday – Friday
8:30 – 6:00 ET
The Client Services team provides assistance for PG Calc’s software clients.
Samantha Akiha, Client Services Advisor
Brian Armstrong, Client Services Advisor
Jeffrey Frye, Associate Director for Gift Planning
Michael Heep, Client Services Advisor
Kara Morin, Director of Client Client Services
Jackie Robertson, Client Services Assistant
Jen Wickham, Senior Client Services Advisor
This GiftWrap and Bequest Manager release focuses on fixes, small enhancements, upgrading of components, and overall usability.
In addition, the change of hosting partner from Rackspace to AWS (Amazon Web Services) was completed.
New features include:
- Indication of prior year tax reporting when creating IRS 1099-R file
- The Bequest Summary Report now has the option to include contacts
- Data verifications for flexible deferred annuities
- A new pre-formatted audit query to list changes to User accounts
- When adding a payment address for a beneficiary with multiple gifts, there is a new “select all” option to facilitate association of the new payment address
- The maximum length for user login passwords has been increased to 64 characters
These enhancements and others are further detailed in the GiftWrap 4.3.1 Release Notes. Look for the Latest Product Info link at the top of your screen within the application.
GiftWrap Support Topics
These brief topics will point you in the right direction, but clients are always welcome to contact Client Services for assistance at 888-474-2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Clients will also find detailed instructions in the GiftWrap HELP system.
1099-R deadlines are as follows:
January 31, 2022 - Paper forms to annuitants
February 28, 2022 - Paper forms to the IRS
March 31, 2022 - Electronic form to the IRS – required if more than 500 1099-Rs
1099-Rs are produced based on the data in the Tax Schedule in the Association Information screen, not the data in the Payment Schedule. GiftWrap can produce correct 1099-Rs even if the system is not used to produce payments:
- Run Verify Person and Gift Data in the Utilities menu and correct any errors
- Run Year End Update in the Actions menu to bring your Organization Year to 2022
- In the 1099-R Forms interface, set Tax Year to 2021
- Use PDF, not Report Viewer, as the Display Option
This issue arises because GiftWrap produces the 1099-R information in the precise size required to fit data into the little boxes on the pre-printed 1099-R forms, but many printers and some browsers automatically resize before printing.
You can identify the resizing issue because the data will typically print a little too low relative to the boxes on the top half of the 1099-R form and too high on the bottom half. The trick is to persuade your printer to print the GiftWrap data without alteration.
In the Print Dialog window, look for the setting that controls sizing. Printer drivers use different terms, but you want “Page Scaling” set to “None” or “Actual Size” or “100%”. In Chrome, there is a checkbox labeled “Fit to page” and this box must be Unchecked.
GiftWrap License and Service FAQ
No, GiftWrap and Bequest Manager licenses are concurrent. This means, for example, if your organization has two licenses, only two people can logon simultaneously but any number of individuals may have login credentials and can take turns using the software.
Yes, licenses may be reassigned to different users by contacting Client Services. Licenses may not be reassigned to a different organization.
The GiftWrap License is a click-thru agreement and the text can be viewed any time in GiftWrap or Bequest Manager by clicking Help on the Menu Bar, clicking Index, and typing “License” in the Keyword field.
The License Fee is a one-time fee, and the Service Fee is renewable annually.
Our guarantee to:
- Keep the software current with all tax, regulatory, and related changes that affect planned gifts, compliance and tax forms; software updates.
- Unlimited telephone and email support.
- Complimentary software orientations.
- A monthly eRate eNewsletter.
- A quarterly Calc-U-Letter.
First, try the Forgot Password link on the Login screen. PG Calc can provide your Clientname and Username if needed to help you use Forgot Password.
If Forgot Password doesn’t work:
- If you are the “Primary Administrator”, call 888-474-2252.
- If you are not the “Primary Administrator”, call the person in your organization that has that role.
PG Calc can only reset passwords for the Primary Administrator. We are not able to reset passwords for any other user.